Monday, January 17, 2005

Mommy is my co-author.


The greatest influence on my decision to publish my writings was my mother. She always talking about writing a book ever since I was a kid. I wrote the first draft of Notes of a Neurotic! intending merely to give it to her as a Christmas present. These photos are all taken in the Cinncinnati Greyhound Station. I'd never been in an airport until my senior year of college. My first thought when I walked into an airport and saw all the people was "who the hell are all these people who can afford to fly." We could barely afford to take a bus trip. My mama gave me something that all the money in the world could never have given me - the awareness that I can achieve anything.

Although she never held my book in her hands I I have no doubt that she knows about it and she is very present in all my current writings. She always treated both success and failure as the two imposters that they are - I guess after you have had ten kids what challenge or obstacle would impress you? Jimmie - yes that is her name - is Gangsta...I know she is driving them crazy in heaven. I'll let you know when I get up there... Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home